By contributing writer Beth
If you’re looking for a delicious finger food for a crowd, these Baked Chicken Fries are the perfect hearty appetizer. With very few ingredients, it’s easier than you might think to make these delicious snacks.
Serve them at the big game or as an appetizer at a dinner party. They’re delicious with a side of ranch and veggies or spicy hot wing sauce.
- 2 large chicken breasts (around 1¼ pounds) cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 box chicken flavored stuffing mix (6 ounce package)
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a food processor, grind contents of stuffing box into a fine powder.
- In a gallon zipper bag, combine stuffing powder, flour, and cornmeal.
- In a shallow dish, place the butter and heat it on high in the microwave just until melted. Add hot water and stir together. Add eggs and whisk to combine.
- Add a few pieces of chicken to the gallon bag and toss to coat the chicken. Shake off excess crumbs and transfer chicken to the egg mixture. Move the chicken back to the crumb bag to coat once more.
- Place the chicken on the lined baking sheet and arrange flat so it cooks evenly.
- Repeat these steps until all chicken is coated with crumbs, egg, and crumbs again.
- Bake at 425 for 8 minutes and use tongs to turn the chicken over. Bake for another 7 - 9 minutes until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with your favorite veggies and dip.
You might also like…
- Chile Relleno Appetizer Squares
- Black Bean Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Gluten-Free Chicken Fingers
- More recipes from Beth