By contributing writer Tessa
This Paleo Peach Smoothie celebrates the fresh, bright flavors of summer and gets plenty of nutrition in too. Peaches and nectarines have got to be some of the best stone fruits when they are in season. I can’t get enough of them!
The added nutrition in this smoothie comes from the surprise ingredient – spaghetti squash (or zucchini). The first time I made it, I held my breath waiting to see if it would actually work. They both worked beautifully and totally disappeared into the mix! It is nice to get something besides spinach and leafy greens in sometimes.
- 1 cup any milk, kefir, or water
- ¾ cup cooked spaghetti squash or some raw zucchini (they are tasteless, promise!)
- 1 cup frozen peach or nectarine slices (fresh is fine too, but add some ice to cool it off)
- 1 small orange, peeled, deseeded, and tough parts removed
- 2 drops lemon essential oil or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup cottage cheese (protein!)
- Stevia or honey to taste
- Optional: handful of spinach
- Protein Boost: hemp hearts, raw cashews, hydrolyzed gelatin (the kind that does not gel up on you), and protein powders are all options.
- Place all ingredients into blender and process until smooth and creamy.
You might also like…
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Very Blueberry Smoothie
- More recipes from Tessa