By contributing writer Kristia
Tomato season has arrived in my garden, and my favorite way to celebrate is by making homemade Tomato & Black Bean Salsa. But don’t limit this fresh salsa to tortilla chips. It also pairs well on top of grilled fish or chicken.
Tomato & Black Bean Salsa
- 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper any color, chopped
- 1 small hot pepper such as a jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup frozen corn thawed or 1 ear cooked corn on the cob, cut corn off the cob
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Allow the tomatoes to drain in a colander while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Chill or eat immediately.