These paleo pumpkin cookies are a perfect afternoon snack for the kids when they get home from school. Healthy fats, protein, and even a vegetable are combined in the disguise of a cookie!
In this house, we love the fall with its cooler weather and beautiful leaves. But best of all, I get to harvest all of my heirloom pumpkins, and amazing pumpkin puree is overflowing in my kitchen this time of year!
You can used canned pumpkin for these cookies, but if you have never tried making your own fresh pumpkin or squash puree, I highly recommend it. The flavor is totally unlike the canned varieties, which can be strong and bitter.
Picking a good cooking pumpkin that is ripe will provide a lovely sweet puree that you could enjoy on it’s own. I go into great detail in my post How to Select & Bake a Winter Squash or Pumpkin.
Paleo Pumpkin Cookies - Egg Free
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree I used a dry variety, chioggia pumpkin
- 1/2 cup palm sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or ghee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour you may need more if your pumpkin is wet
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment or a baking mat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and vanilla.
- Continue with the baking soda and sea salt.
- Finish with the almond flour and tapioca flours. The dough should be thick, stiff, and easy enough to handle and roll into balls. Add more flour if necessary to achieve this.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Roll approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough into a smooth golf ball sized ball. Place on cookie sheet and press down gently to flatten.
- Bake for 10 minutes until just set and remove from oven. Cookies will be soft, but they firm up nicely well fully cooled.
By contributing writer Tessa
Hi Tessa.,,these looks wonderful. I am always amazed at your egg free cookies!! Great job.
Costco has been out of almond flour for daaaays! Bummer. I cant’ wait to try these.
Yikes Amber…I totally rely on it now…especially since my little guy can do nuts now!! Hopefully soon!