By contributing writer Beth
This Peppermint Crunch Popcorn is a great gift idea for teachers and coaches. It takes only a few ingredients, and kids can help make it themselves.
If you can’t find the peppermint wafers in your grocery store, most craft stores carry them in the candy and cake decorating section. You can also substitute white vanilla candy melt wafers if the peppermint ones are not to be found.
Tip: Coconut oil is a great way to thin out the candy wafer a little. It helps them melt smoothly and flow through the condiment bottle. Also, make sure the condiment bottles and lids are dry because any liquid will cause the candy to harden.
Peppermint Crunch Popcorn
Special Equipment Needed
- 2 condiment squeeze bottles
- Use an air popper to pop the popcorn according to manufacturer instructions, and spread the popped corn out on baking sheets in a single layer.
- Melt the peppermint candy wafers in a mug with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Place the mug in microwave for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir. If it’s not completely melted, microwave for 15 seconds and stir. Candy should be smooth.
- Pour melted candy into completely dry condiment bottle. Repeat for red candy melts.
- Drizzle popcorn with all of the melted peppermint (white) wafers, sprinkle on the crushed mints, and then drizzle with the melted red wafers.
- Let cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container.