By contributing writer SnoWhite
Toss some leftover dinner meat into a skillet with veggies and eggs, and you have breakfast! We used wild rice brats to make this recipe, but leftover hamburger, steak, ham, or sausage would work equally well in this breakfast scramble.
Breakfast Brat Scramble
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- pinch of dry mustard
- 1 cup broccoli florets chopped if needed
- 1 medium bell pepper diced
- 2 brats cooked and sliced into rings
- 1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the sliced brat rings with the diced bell pepper and broccoli florets. Cook for 5-7 minutes until warmed throughout and veggies are crisp-tender.
- Place the veggie mixture into a bowl and cover it while you prepare the eggs.
- Whisk together 2 eggs with 1/8 cup milk. Add in a pinch of salt and pepper, and dry mustard. Stir.
- Grease the same skillet and heat over medium heat. Put a drop of egg mixture into the skillet, and if it cooks right away, you are ready to pour the eggs into the pan.
- Pour in the egg mixture and allow the eggs to cook for 1 minute. Using a spatula, scramble up the eggs as they continue to cook.
- After 2 - 3 minutes of cooking, when eggs are set, add in the veggie/brat mixture.
- Remove from heat, and top the dish with cheese.
- Serve warm.
You might also like…
- Egg Casserole in Muffin Cups
- Eggs Florentine Casserole
- Breakfast Brat Scramble
- Easy Lemon Rosemary Scones
- Monte Cristo Sandwich
Find more breakfast recipes at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.
Leave a Reply