With just a few supplies you can easily make this DIY Boho Fabric Wall Art. And when you want a new look, changing the wall art is as easy as substituting the fabric with a new piece. Choose fabric in colors and patterns that match your decor.
- Assorted wood embroidery hoops (uniform in size or varied)
- Assorted fabric scraps in your choice of colors and patterns
- Gold spray paint (or color of choice)
- Thumb tacks
1. Begin by setting the embroidery hoops on a flat surface. Apply two coats of spray paint. We chose a bright gold, but you can use any color you wish. You do not have to separate the hoops, just keep them together and be sure to spray all sides.
2. While the hoops are drying, decide which fabric swatches you want to use. Choose 3 – 5 different colors and patterns that complement each other.
3. Once the hoops are dry, insert the fabric between them. Pull tightly at the sides to remove any wrinkles and lines in the fabric. Tightening the hoop as much as you can will also help tighten the fabric and remove any wrinkles or creases.
4. Take your scissors and trim away excess fabric. You want the edges to be nice and clean.
5. Since these are so lightweight, you can use thumb tacks to hang them. Just press the tacks into the wall and display your boho fabric wall art.
You might also like…