By contributing writer Tessa
This paleo honey mustard dressing was a surprise for me. I never really liked honey mustard dressing growing up, but one taste of this homemade version and it quickly became one of my favorites. It’s also kid friendly, and you might even have your kids willingly eating a salad!
I have been making my own salad dressings for some time. The quality of ingredients can’t be beat because I choose the oils and use no weird seasoning enhancers or stabilizers.
But most importantly, the flavors are SO much better! And the price can’t be beat either. In just a couple of minutes, you can have a delicious dressing that you’ll be eager to use and eat!
I believe using homemade mayo really sets this dressing apart, and it takes less than five minutes to make your own. Try it. We have become total mayo snobs in this household because of this recipe. Even my kids will refuse the store bought stuff now!
And while you can use this dressing in any way you see fit, my favorite salad for enjoying this dressing includes mixed greens topped with hard boiled eggs, cubed Dubliner cheese (or other sharp cheese), and mini bell peppers…yum!
- ½ cup good quality mayo (I use homemade mayo)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or 1 tablespoon raw onion (finely minced or grated if you are not blending)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and whir briefly to blend thoroughly.
- Alternately, you can place all ingredients in a mason jar, use an immersion blender or place the lid on, and shake vigorously until the honey dissolves and blends in.
You might also like…
- Homemade Ranch Dressing or Dip
- Salad with Feta, Almonds, and Poppy Seed Dressing
- Easy Greek Pasta Salad