By contributing writer Tessa
Some days, after you have made the main course for dinner, you need a quick and easy vegetable to throw together. In our house, we get a lot of mileage out of bagged salad and pre-washed broccoli. While I certainly love these vegetables, I also love variety, but often I don’t have the energy to do much!
Pilfering the veggie drawer one evening while dinner simmered, I discovered my pre-shredded bag of cabbage. I was going to throw a slaw together but then opted for this simple Sautéed Cabbage and Bacon. The results are a drool-worthy side that one can easily polish off by his or herself in one sitting! Bacon just makes everything better.
- 2 slices thin cut bacon (I used trader Joe's Black Forest Bacon, a thin-cut variety), thinly sliced or diced
- 10 ounces shredded cabbage (I used pre-shredded from Trader Joes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the bacon and saute until mostly crispy and golden.
- Toss in the cabbage with a few pinches of sea salt, stirring to mix.
- Saute for 2-4 minutes until cabbage is wilted but still has some crunch left to it.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
You might also like…