By contributing writer Tessa
These Gluten-Free Chocolate Cranberry Cookies use fresh cranberries, allowing you to get their vibrant color and tart glory!
Here in Oregon, we actually get homegrown fresh cranberries this time of year from a coastal town in the south. Vincent Cranberries are a real treat, and since I had some on hand, I wanted to find a way to use the fresh berries in a cookie.
- ½ cup allowed butter, ghee, palm shortening, or coconut oil (I used grass-fed butter)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar or more to taste (I used palm sugar)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (I used ⅓ cup each brown rice, tapioca, and rice flour)
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon gelatin or 1 teaspoon guar or xanthum gum
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat the softened butter with the sugar until creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- With the mixer still running, sprinkle in the sea salt, baking soda, and gelatin or gum.
- Continue with the flours and the oats.
- Taste and add more sugar (or stevia) if you like.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and fresh cranberries.
- Drop rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto the parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes until just golden.
You might also like…
- Cranberry Coconut Breakfast Cookies
- No-Bake Cranberry Orange Snack Bars
- Hot Cranberry Tea
- Gluten-Free Cranberry Coffee Cake
- More recipes from Tessa