By contributing writer Andrea Green
This recipe for rosemary and garlic roasted red potatoes is one of our family’s favorites. In fact, I think I could serve these every night and my family would never tire of it. So if you are looking for an easy side dish that is suitable to serve alongside any meat, give this recipe a try.
The smell of these potatoes roasting permeates the whole house. I love that smell of rosemary. It always makes me drool.
This recipe calls for sprinkling the potatoes with salt and pepper. I have a great kitchen shortcut I use when seasoning my food that makes this step a snap. Check it out and see if it doesn’t help cut down your kitchen prep time.
Rosemary and Garlic Roast Red Potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 4-5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Scrub potatoes and dice into 1 inch pieces. Place pieces in large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together crushed garlic and olive oil. Pour over potatoes and toss.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on a large pan with sides. Strip needles off rosemary sprigs and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Use a spatula to toss potatoes. Bake an additional 20 minutes or just until potatoes are nicely browned.
- Serve hot.
Courses Side Dish
I hope you enjoy our family’s favorite side dish as much as we do.
Serve this dish with:
- Whole Chicken in the Slow Cooker
- BBQ Pork in the Slow Cooker (only 3 ingredients!)
- Chicken Legs with my famous Venison Marinade