Have you tried roasting vegetables in the oven? Baked vegetables were never my favorite until I learned how to roast them in the oven. This vegetable medley will even get your pickiest eater enjoying some healthy vegetables.
For super picky kids (like my youngest) I always put a bottle of ranch dressing and Yum Yum sauce on the table as well. I think this roasted vegetable medley is delicious enough to eat without any dipping sauces, but I also don’t argue with my kids when they agree to eat their veggies.
For this side dish you can use a variety of vegetables. Personally I like to buy what’s on sale or available at Sam’s Club. This is also a great way to use up any veggies in your fridge that are just about to go bad.
My best advice- don’t forget the red onion. I know it might seem weird to eat large chunks of onion (especially if it’s not Bloomin’ at Outback) but they are seriously so yummy when roasted. I’m basically addicted to them.
Oven Roasted Vegetable Medley
- 1 Head Cauliflower Chopped
- 1 Whole Red Onion Sliced
- 1 Whole Red Pepper Chopped
- 1 Whole Yellow Pepper Chopped
- 1 Head Broccoli Chopped
- 1 Whole Zucchini Chopped
- Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash and chop your vegetables. I like bigger pieces and make sure they are all similar in size.
- Place all your chopped vegetables in a bowl.
- Drizzle liberally with olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper and minced garlic.
- Toss vegetables.
- Place vegetables on foil lined baking sheet.
- Make sure the vegetables aren't crowded on the sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Leave a Reply