We do not usually eat meat as a main dish in our home, but meatloaf is one exception. I love to make meatloaf because it is easy to hide lots of veggies in the meat.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- shredded veggies of your choice I use zucchini and carrots
- A-1 sauce about 2 tablespoons
- garlic powder minced onion, pepper ( I never measure these!)
- Combine the beef, bread crumbs, egg, and A-1 and spices. (I mix my meat in my mixer because I can’t stand touching raw meat.)
- Shred the veggies and add to the meat mixture.
- Shape into a loaf and cook for about an hour at 350 degrees. We like a dryer meatloaf so I cook ours on the broiler pan so the juices drain.
- Slice and serve.
If you don’t want to wait an hour for your meatloaf to cook, shape your meat into balls and cook in a muffin tin. I tried this a few nights ago and it was a big hit. Meatloaf balls (as my kids called them) might replace our ordinary meatloaf. It cooks faster and the kids loved having their own little meatloaves!