By contributing writer Andrea Green
Do you make homemade cranberry sauce at the holidays? Even if you don’t consider yourself a cook, you’ll want to try this recipe for homemade cranberry sauce with walnuts. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make, and the results are sure to impress even the most fussy of mother-in-laws.
Whip this recipe up in under 10 minutes. Then, store it in the fridge up to 3 days in advance of your holiday meal. You will never buy canned cranberry sauce again!
Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Walnuts
- 1 16- ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup no sugar added strawberry preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and sugar to a boil. Once boiling, add cranberries and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until most cranberries have burst their skins.
- Remove cranberries from heat and stir in strawberry preserves, cinnamon, walnuts, and balsamic vinegar.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.