By contributing writer Tessa
I love having nourishing snacks on hand for kiddos so they fill their bodies with things that provide real nutrition and health benefits. Of course, they have to like the way something tastes to make it happen, and these gluten free and vegan blondies fit the bill. They’re like banana bread in a bar form.
Even better is the fact that I prepare the whole thing in my Blendtec blender, so prep AND clean up are a snap!
As your bananas turn from perfectly golden to black in a matter of days during the warm summer months, these gluten-free banana blondies are the perfect way to put those over-ripe bananas to use!
Gluten Free Banana Blondies
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (about 3 large bananas)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or preferred butter)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (I used palm sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cup gluten free flour mix (I used equal parts tapioca, toasted quinoa flour, and sorghum) No gum is necessary. Regular flour would work too.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- chocolate chips to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons flax or chia meal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Grease an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- In a blender or food processor, puree all the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Pulse in the flour.
- Pulse in the add-ins, if using.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.