By contributing writer Tessa
These gluten-free zucchini latkes are one of my very favorite ways to enjoy the plethora of zucchini that comes from my garden! With just a few simple ingredients, this humble veggie is transformed.
Zucchini is so versatile and has a very mild flavor that will sometimes pass muster with picky kids. Quick and easy, this recipe is a great side for the summer months!
Gluten Free Zucchini Latkes with Paleo Option
- 2 cups shredded zuchinni see note
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup finely minced or shredded onion
- 1/2 cup rice flour tapioca flour, or 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- avocado oil for frying
- chopped tomato
- Greek yogurt
- sour cream
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients through the oregano and mix well to combine.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add a tablespoon of oil and heat until shimmering.
- Drop the batter by the tablespoonful.
- Cook until golden on one side and flip, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Continue until remaining batter is used up and serve with the optional toppings if you choose.