I love meals that contain all the food groups—it makes dinner so easy! This tuna noodle casserole is one of those meals, and it only costs a little over $5.
If you are looking for a recipe that doesn’t use cream soup, I’ve shared a “cream soup free” tuna casserole here.
- 2 cans tuna - $0.70 per can
- 1 can cream of celery soup - $1
- 8 ounces frozen peas - $0.45
- shredded carrots, zucchini, or other veggies (optional) - $0.50
- 1 bag egg noodles - $1
- garlic powder, minced onion, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste - $0.30
- ½ cup shredded cheese - $0.75
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Boil egg noodles according to directions.
- While noodles are boiling, drain tuna and mix together tuna, soup, peas, veggies, and seasonings.
- Drain the noodles and mix into the tuna mixture.
- Spread in the prepared dish, cover with foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the cover, top with shredded cheese (we prefer cheddar), and bake for 5 more minutes.