When I’m cooking for a crowd I love recipes that are simple and can be made ahead of time. It’s no fun to spend the whole evening in the kitchen when everyone else is socializing and having a great time eating all the yummy food!
These bbq chicken sandwiches have been a favorite in our house for years. I love them because you can make the bbq chicken in advance and freeze it. You can also make a huge batch of bbq in the slow cooker just by cooking chicken breasts and adding a bottle of BBQ sauce.
You can also whip this meal up in less than 15 minutes if you have a can of chicken or a bag of frozen chicken in your stockpile.
What makes this recipe even more fun is pairing it with Kings Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls. Kings Hawaiian rolls are my kid’s absolute favorite so they were delighted when I served their bbq chicken sandwiches on them. The mini sub rolls are great for parties and potlucks because they are about half the size of a sandwich roll, so your guests will have room for baked beans, cole slaw, fresh fruit, veggies, and my BBQ favorite, potato chips.
- 2 cups shredded chicken (or canned chicken)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 3 slices monterey jack cheese
- diced onions
- 1 package Kings Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan on low heat mix together chicken and bbq sauce until heated through.
- Place Kings Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls open faced on a baking sheet.
- Spread bbq chicken mixture on the bottom section of the mini sub rolls.
- Sprinkle diced red onion on bbq chicken.
- Cover chicken with ½ slice of monterey jack cheese.
- Bake in oven for 4 minutes or until bread is toasted.
- Top with the other half of the roll and serve.
KING’S HAWAIIAN has an all-star line-up of sandwich products which includes: Mini Sub Rolls, Sandwich Buns, and Hamburger Buns and Hotdog buns.
Whether you are at your kid’s game or the stadium, KING’S HAWAIIAN is a great choice for a family tailgate.
What is your family’s favorite part of game day? Comment below and be entered for a chance to win $200 to put towards your next game day event.