By contributing writer Tessa
A perfect muffin to greet mom with on Mother’s Day morning, these Gluten-Free Raspberry Streusel Muffins were an instant hit with my kiddos. They ate up the whole batch before I was able to snap a picture!
While I chose raspberries, any berry will work well in this muffin. Choose Mom’s favorite.
- ½ cup plain yogurt (I used coconut milk yogurt) or sour cream
- ½ cup light olive oil, avocado oil, etc.
- 1 cup organic cane sugar (I used part stevia)
- 2 eggs (an egg replacer should work well too)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon guar or xanthum gum OR 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 1½ cups fresh raspberries (or other berry, chopped if large)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown rice or sorghum flour
- 1 tablespoon solid fat (butter, coconut oil, palm shortening)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat the wet ingredients.
- With the mixer on low, sprinkle in the baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Then continue with the flours.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Distribute batter evenly in the greased muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, place all the streusel ingredients.
- Using a pastry cutter, fork, or table knives, cut the fat into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the muffins.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean.
Not gluten free? You can substitute 1½ cups regular flour for the gluten-free flours and gum.
You might also like…
- Gluten-Free Oatmeal Pancakes with Walnut Butter
- Gluten-Free Cereal Bars
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins (not gluten free)
- More recipes from Tessa