My kids really enjoyed these pumpkin muffins. My daughter said they needed walnuts to be “perfect” so I’m adding walnuts as an optional ingredient in the recipe.
These pumpkin muffins make a great breakfast or afternoon snack.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh puree'd pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Cream butter and sugars together for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix in pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Stir until moistened.
- Do not over mix.
- Add nuts (optional)
- Spoon into greased or lined muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15 minutes.