By contributing writer Tessa
These hearty Paleo Banana Muffins could also be called Elvis Muffins to celebrate the King of Soul’s favorite combination: bananas and peanut butter. But peanut butter is not paleo and with so many peanut allergies, it is banned in many schools. So any nut or seed butter will do in this recipe.
Healthy muffins like this can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or snack time. We have more muffins you might enjoy too:
- Hearty Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Honey Pumpkin Muffins
- Paleo Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Zucchini Muffins
Paleo Banana Muffins
- 3/4 cup 280g any nut or seed butter (I used sunflower seed butter)
- 3 very ripe bananas ~300g , peeled
- 1/4 cup 60g coconut oil, palm shortening, or butter
- 1/2 cup palm sugar or other granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 70g cassava flour
- 1/4 cup 27g coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder use grain free brand for paleo
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F and prepare a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until blended.
- Place the batter in the muffin pan about 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 18 - 22 minutes until the tops are just set.