The following is a post from contributing writer Lynn.
One of my favorite things about fall is fall baking. And pumpkin foods are a favorite in my house during the fall.
I recently made these Chocolate Chip Honey Pumpkin Muffins to send to work with my husband, and everyone loved them. In fact, several people loved them so much they wanted the recipe.
Pumpkin and honey go so well together. Add chocolate, and you have an even better combination. Now, if you want to make them even healthier, you can leave out the chocolate chips, but really who would want to leave out the chocolate? Chocolate makes everything better right?!
I made a gluten-free version of these for the gluten-free eaters in my family, and I shared the recipe with my readers. If you or anyone in our house avoids gluten, the gluten free chocolate chip honey pumpkin muffins are a must try.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil, honey, and water. Mix well.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into lined or greased muffin tins. Makes about 15 muffins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Find more delicious meal ideas at the The Happy Housewife Recipe Index.