The following is a guest post from Sara. If you are looking for a gluten-free pizza option try this zucchini crust pizza. Or if you can convince your kids to eat green pizza this is a great way to get them to eat more veggies!
I don’t eat enough veggies. Period. But I LOVE pizza! I’ve seen all these cauliflower pizzas floating around, but I am not a fan of that stuff. So, when I heard someone mention zucchini crust pizza, I thought I would be up for trying it.
Let me also say, I hate cooking. So, if I can do this, anyone can! Plus, I have made pizza crust out of pre-packaged stuff, and this didn’t really take any more time than those.
- 4 Zucchini
- Cheese cloth/towel
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Italian Blend Cheese - or Mozzarella and Parmesan
- Olive Oil
- ⅓ - ½ cup Marinara Sauce (or other favorite sauce)
- Pizza Toppings
- Clean the zucchini. Then grate or finely chop in food processor.
- Once all the zucchini is nice and shredded, you want to wrap it up in your cheese cloth or towel. Ring out as much water as you can.
- When you think you are done, try again.
- Once you have drained it all, transfer to a bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add two eggs, garlic, and ¼ a cup of cheese.
- Mix well. (You could add other spices or seasonings if you would like.)
- Lightly oil a baking sheet or use a pizza stone.
- Set the zucchini mixture on and using your hands, flatten.
- Be sure not to get too thin.
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes (or until just starting starting to lightly brown) at 450 degrees. Remove from oven and layer sauce, toppings, and cheese.
- Place back in oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Sara’s notes: She did not have a cheese cloth so she used paper towels. While paper towels do work, a cheese cloth is a better option if you have it.