Today we have a couple of great free downloads for you from Michelle Stern of What’s Cooking with Kids. While these resources aren’t designed for homeschoolers, they can certainly be used by them.
Michelle is the founder of What’s Cooking with Kids, a certified green business focused on educating parents and teachers about healthy cooking with kids. Michelle’s mission is to inspire families and teachers to cook with kids, eat healthy ingredients, and pay attention to the environmental impact of their food choices.
You would normally have to pay for these resources, but Michelle is offering them to you for FREE. Just click on the images below to download.
The Ultimate Guide to Cooking in the Classroom includes:
- Why Should You Cook with Students (including subject area learning targets)
- Setting Up for Success
- Tips on Getting Organized and Reducing Food Waste
- Suggested Tools for Cooking with Children (in a kitchen or a classroom)
- Age Appropriate Cooking Tasks
- Safety Suggestions
- Tasting Activities and a Produce Tasting Chart
- Optional Teaching Extensions
Would You Rather…Food Edition
Would You Rather, Food Edition is a fun and interactive activity that can be used to build vocabulary, develop critical thinking skills, and evaluate student understanding of food-related concepts.