Making your own face mask is cheaper and healthier than store bought counterparts. This tutorial for a homemade Pumpkin Face Mask is great for fall when pumpkins are plentiful and inexpensive! Pumpkin contains vitamin A, vitamin C, and zinc, which are all perfect to add to your skin. Yogurt adds moisturizing aspects while honey adds more vitamins and promotes in healing of skin.
Side note: do you know how easy it is to make your own homemade pumpkin puree? I cook mine in the slow cooker and freeze it for pumpkin recipes all year long!
Homemade Pumpkin Face Mask Ingredients
- 2 Tablespoons pureed pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons yogurt (Greek yogurt is highly recommended)
- 1 teaspoon honey (skip the “bear” kind and purchase local honey for better results)
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together until blended.
- Dampen face and use a beauty brush or fingers to spread the mask over your face.
- Let it sit on your face for about 15 minutes and then wipe off with a wet washcloth.
More Options to Add:
- A splash of cranberry juice for astringent.
- A sprinkle of cinnamon for skin invigoration.
- Bentonite clay to heal skin.
You might also enjoy:
Leave a Reply