Amelia Bedelia is such a fun book that kids of all ages will enjoy.
Dear Amelia is so eager to please her new employers that she does exactly what they ask of her. So when she is asked to “dress a chicken” she makes clothes for a chicken, she measures rice with a measuring tape, and literally draws the drapes.
Have your children do everything they are asked just like Amelia would have done it. You can also do some of the same things Amelia does in the book.
Activities for Amelia Bedelia
- Have an Amelia Bedelia day
- Draw a picture of the drapes
- Change the towels (use old washcloths or rags)
- “Dress”a fake piece of meat
Use the Amelia Bedelia books to teach idioms.
- Give me a hand
- Penny for your thoughts
- At the drop of a hat
- Barking up the wrong tree
- Cry over spilt milk
- Bite off more than you can chew