by contributing writer Marci
Sometimes it’s hard to find a craft for boys. This 4th of July craft was so much fun for my little man to create, and it is useful, too! This patriotic robot can also be used to hold utensils at your Independence Day cookout.
- 4 tin cans (2 for feet, 1 for a body and 1 for the head)
- paper for the arms and face
- hot glue
- paint, glitter, stickers…whatever you need to decorate your robot
1. Choose which cans will be which part of the robot.
2. Decorate the cans with paint, paper, glitter or stickers. Be creative.
3. Make facial features out of paper and glue or tape them on the head can.
4. Cut 6 – 8 strips of paper approximately. Form them into a circle and tape the ends together.
5. Tape 3 or 4 of the rings together along one side to form a bendable arm. Tape or glue them to the body can.
6. With the open end of the leg and body cans facing down, glue the cans together so the leg cans support the body can.
7. With the open end of the face can facing up, glue the head can to the top of the body. Fill with utensils and enjoy your usable art!