Each week I’ll post links with fun and inexpensive (or free) things to do in your local area and national deals that everyone can enjoy!
American Girl: October and November In-Store Events (Events vary by location and minimum age. Find events specific to your area online. Reservations required. For girls ages 8 and up.) These months they include the Project Runway Inspired by BeForever™ tour, BeForever Postcard Craft, Acorn Pouch Craft, Paper Pumpkin Craft, Hot Cocoa Cozy Craft, Isabelle’s Celebration, Just Mom and Me, Date with My Dad and more.
Bass Pro Shops: Through the month of October and November they will be offering all sorts of free classes ranging from archery to fly fishing. Contact your local store for their schedule.
Also, now through the 31st they are holding their Great Pumpkin Free Event. The event includes a scavenger hunt, crafts and a free photo. Check their webpage for additional details.
Guitar Center: Free Classes through their Music Mentor Series. Register online. No age restriction.
- Saturday, November 1st: 10 AM – Recording Made Easy for Garage Band
- Saturday, November 1st: 10:15 AM – Group Guitar Lesson
Home Depot Workshop for Kids: This Saturday, November 1st, kids can build a Pallet Coaster. The events start at 9am and end at 12pm. Register online.
Kindermusik: Try a free class (see all the information here). Kindermusik ~ Where Music & Learning Play!
- Classes for children from newborn to age seven
- Child development through music and movement
- Immerse your child in a musical atmosphere of play, song, and dance – while developing fundamental skills
- Connect with other moms, dads, and families
Lakeshore Learning: Saturday, November 1st from 11AM-3PM ~ Kids make and take Scarecrow Puppet.
Michael’s Kids Club: Kids can enjoy making a craft every Saturday. This week they are making a Thankful Turkey Craft. Designed for kids ages 3 and up ($2/child). Starts at 10 AM and runs every 30 minutes on Saturdays. You can shop while they create.
Williams-Sonoma Free Technique Classes (for kids and adults): Saturday, November 1st at 9:30 AM ~ Junior Chefs will learn to create a delicious Butternut Squash Soup with Crispy Herb Croutons! Check the webpage for additional details and make a reservation. For ages 5+.
Thanks, More with Less Today!
- Buffalo and surrounding areas, NY
- Chicago, IL (West)
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Columbus, GA, Fort Benning, GA & Phenix City, AL
- Dallas, TX
- Denver, CO
- Fort Worth, TX
- Harrisburg & West Shore, PA
- Hershey & Elizabethtown, PA
- Houston, TX (North)
- Houston, TX
- Indianapolis, IN (All of Central Indiana)
- LaGrange, Westpoint, Hogansville, Pine Mountain, Warm Springs, GA
- Lebanon, PA
- Memphis, TN (East Memphis)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota
- North Shore MA, NH seacoast and southern ME
- Northeast Ohio
- Omaha, NE
- Pacific Northwest Area
- San Diego, CA
- Savannah, GA
- Wichita Falls, TX
If you are a blogger who posts a local round-up of family activities, then feel free to fill out this form to be considered for future posts.