In second grade children build on all the math skills they learned in kindergarten and first grade plus learn new skills.
Here are the math skills your child should work on in the second grade.
- Counting by 1s, 2s, 5s and 10s up to 1,000.
- Understands even and odd numbers.
- Reading and writing the numbers from 1-1,000.
- Understands place value up to 1,000.
- Understands the relationship between 1s, 10’s, 100s. (10 ones equals 10, 10 tens equals 100, etc)
- Comparing numbers (greater than/ less than) up to 100.
- Adding numbers up to 100.
- Subtracting numbers up to 100.
- Word problems using numbers up to 100.
- Beginning two digit addition and subtraction.
- Measuring length.
- Comparing and estimating length.
- Understanding inches, feet, centimeters, meters.
- Telling time on a digital and analog clock.
- Understanding am/pm.
- Writing time in various ways.
- Identifying penny, nickel, dime, quarter, dollar.
- Solve word problems involving money.
- Adds money up to $1.00
- Identifying three, four, five and six sided shapes.
- Analyzing shapes by the number of sides and corners.
- Able to divide shapes into fourths, thirds, and halves.
Math is a subject that we always work on throughout the summer. If kids don’t practice their math skills they quickly forget them.
Use these worksheets to help reinforce what your child learned in 2nd grade.
Each worksheet in this packet is geared towards the 2nd grade level.
In this Math Worksheet Packet for 2nd Grade:
- Addition or Subtraction? – Determine the correct operator for each equation
- Fruity Forms: Expanded and Standard – Match the expanded form of each number with the standard form
- Missing Numbers! – Solve each equation in the cycle
- Greater Than, Less Than, or Equals? – Solve the inequalities by practicing addition, subtraction, and simple multiplication
By contributing writer Lauren.
Great set of worksheets, thanks for sharing!