The following is a post from contributing writer Stef.
Are you ready to runaway with the circus? Why not create a homeschool circus day instead?
Some days I do my best to fight the feeling that I am living in a circus, as children launch themselves over sofas and somersault around the living room. This week we embraced their circus passion and even created a literal circus ring.
You could say the day was unorganized. We went completely off schedule. We sure didn’t open the curriculum. Yet we had great fun!
Homeschool Circus Day
- Organize a few craft ideas from the Pinterest, Homeschool Circus Board
- Listen to Carnival of the Animals while you make crafts
- Hang up pictures of animals on the walls
- Serve a few circus snacks (animal crackers, popcorn, cotton candy, peanuts)
- Create a circus lunch menu (hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza)
- Practice putting on your show
- Watch Madagascar 3
Don’t forget to take your circus fun to the playground, and create a few age appropriate challenges. When you get home, print this Circus Notebooking Page.
Tip: When searching for circus crafts, I had better results searching “zoo” rather than “circus.”