Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
All across the country kids are celebrating Dr. Seuss’ birthday today. It’s a great day to celebrate as Dr. Seuss wrote some of our favorite fun books!
Remember preschool books aren’t just for preschoolers! Throughout the month we’ll be sharing some older child activities for each book as well so they can get involved too. You are never too old to listen to a book!
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish is a great beginner book that starts with counting and winds up talking about a boxing Gox, a winking Yink, a wet pet, and one hair Zeds to name a few.
I love using One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish for beginning readers because words are grouped by sound on the pages. You can also incorporate rhyming activities (as with many of the books by Dr. Seuss).
Activities for One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
- One Fish Craft (see image above)
- Counting activities
- Goldfish Graphing
- Handprint Art
- Paper Plate Fish Bowl
- Fish Worksheets (grades 2-3)
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish Printable Pack
- Math with One Fish, Two Fish
- Ocean Unit Study and Printables (Elementary)
- Ocean Preschool Printable Pack
Not Just Kid’s Food!
More of our favorite Dr. Seuss books!
- Wacky Wednesday (Our Favorite)
- Oh, Say Can You Say?
- Green Eggs and Ham (I Can Read It All by Myself Beginner Books)
- The Cat in the Hat
- One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish (I Can Read It All by Myself)
- The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins (Classic Seuss)
- Horton Hears A Who!
- There’s a Wocket in My Pocket!
- Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!
- Hop on Pop
- The Foot Book (The Bright and Early Books for Beginning Beginners)
- I Can Read With My Eyes Shut! (Beginner Books)
More Dr. Seuss on The Happy Housewife
“A person’s a person no matter how small”. ~ Dr. Seuss
Don’t miss a book! Follow along on our 31 days of read-alouds!