April is curriculum review month on TheHappyHousewife.com. We want to help you find the best curriculum for your family by posting a curriculum review every day! You can find all the curriculum reviews here.
The Curiosity Files, created by The Old Schoolhouse, are a series of 80-100 page eBooks that are unit studies for the abnormal and bizarre in Science to discover how the unconventional things that God has made reflect the beauty of His creativity. Geared towards engaging 8-13 year olds, these unique unit studies contain:
- Inquisitive topics
- Hyperlinked table of contents
- Bible study and Bible memory applications
- Science, math, history, and geography investigations
- Literature and suggested book list
- Writing, spelling, vocabulary
- Beautiful copywork pages (manuscript and cursive)
- Discussion questions, special projects, and experiments
- Arts and crafts, drawing and coloring pages
- Lapbook/notebook pages and helpful lapbooking links
- Special needs, hands-on discoveries – good for all learning styles
- Internet resources, video links, and answer keys
Here are a few examples of The Curiosity Files unit studies: Whirlpools, Vegetarian Spiders, Platypus, Quicksand, Cicada-Killing Wasp, Zombie Fire Ants, Rogue Waves, and more! Lots of different topics designed to engage a variety of interests.