Before there was a movie there was the book, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. In the book, Alexander is having a very bad day! From gum in his hair, to tripping on his skateboard, to not finding a toy in his breakfast cereal, his day could not get any worse.
And then it does.
Kids of all ages will enjoy this book and have fun sharing their own good and bad day experiences.
Alexander decides that he wouldn’t have bad days if he lived in Australia, so this is a great book to use as a springboard in a mini Australia unity study.
Activities for Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- Eat cereal for breakfast
- Draw a picture of an invisible castle
- Sing out loud
- Count to twenty but leave out the number sixteen
- Eat lima beans
- Cause and effect worksheet
- Write a letter to Alexander and cheer him up
- Australia Contenant Box
- Aboriginal clapping sticks craft
- Printable map of Australia
- Watch Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day the movie
- Kangaroo wearable pouch craft
- Letter A worksheets