By contributing writer Kristen
Every little kid loves playing make believe. Having a dress up bin around will help them create fun imaginative stories! Instead of buying kids superhero costumes, try making them. Here’s how to make an easy superhero cape using only a pillowcase and a few decorations. Older kids will have a fun time decorating their own superhero cape.
This is also a great frugal activity for a group of kids that can be done at a scout meeting or a birthday party.
How to Make an Easy Superhero Cape
- Hot glue gun or sewing materials
- Decorations (These can include felt, fabric markers, iron on patches, and many other things.)
- Velcro for the straps (optional)
1. Find a cheap pillowcase.You can use one from your own home or purchase one inexpensively from a dollar store or thrift store.
2. In the middle of the pillow case top, cut down through the border. Then cut out towards the sides, but stop near the fold. Do not cut it all the way off. This forms the straps.
4. Sew the opening of the pillowcase closed.
5. If you don’t feel comfortable fastening this cape around your child’s neck, add velcro to the straps.
6. Decorate the cape. I decorated this cape with felt for my 2 year old.
7. Encourage your child to play Superhero!
This is a fun and frugal activity or gift for any little superhero!