By contributing writer Lana (like banana)
Have you ever been locked out of your house? Or maybe your child lost his or her key and needs to get in. A key that is hidden might solve a lot of time.
I love to recycle everyday items into something useful. Most of the time it comes out necessity. Here is a way to recycle an M & M’s Minis container and turn it into a place to hide a spare house key.
How to Hide a Spare House Key
- M&M’s Minis Container
- Hot Glue Gun and Hot Glue
- Place to hide
- Apply hot glue to the bottom of a clean rock.
2. Press down the rock hard to the top of the cap.
3. Add key to container.
4. Make sure the key fits.
5. Close the container. Look for a place to hide.
A potted plant works great!
A person walking by would probably never notice. I suggest hiding in different places a few times a year for safety reasons.
- Use the container for hiding love notes for kids or loved ones.
- Use multiple containers for a super scavenger hunt.
- Add more M & M’s and hide for a secret Mommy Stash for those really hard days..