This homemade sugar scrub recipe comes from a reader, Sara. She uses it on her face and feet.
- Baby food jar or other small jar
- Light brown sugar to fill jar 3/4 full
- Grapeseed, almond, or other light fatty oil
- Castile soap
- 8 drops of your favorite essential oil
1. Fill a baby food jar 3/4 full with sugar.
2. Pour in just enough fatty oil to blend with the sugar. Stir well.
3. Add in a little extra oil or castile soap (approximately a teaspoon full) to ensure the sugar will not dry out.
4. Add 8 drops of your favorite essential oil and stir well. Warning – peppermint is not something I would suggest using around the eyes. However, when I used this it was the perfect amount of tingle. It makes you feel super clean and fresh.
5. Use a dab with warm water to scrub your face or feet with warm water.