Summer is almost here and I’m ready for it! There are so many fun outdoor activities to do with the kids. But some hot days you just need a backup indoor plan. One great way to spend a lazy hot day is taking the kids to the movies. This summer take advantage of these great summer movie programs to save money and have a lot of fun!
A special thanks to Mary from Mission to Save for this list of Summer Movie Programs!
Summer Movie Programs
- AMC Theaters: Summer Nights program ~ 8 select blockbuster hits back for a limited time. Show times are Mon-Wed at 10 pm. Tickets are just $3 and benefit charity. NOTE: some of these movies are not for children. See list of movies here.
- CineMark Century Theaters: There are 2 different money saving movie programs at CineMark. Pay $5 per person for 10 shows when you buy them in advanced. Or if you buy your tickets at the show they are $1 each. See participating CineMark locations (note: some Rave Theaters are now owned by CineMark. Call your location for participation)
- Cineplex: Attend Saturday mornings in May and June at 11am for Cineplex Family Favourites. Watch a family favourite film each week for only $2.50 at participation locations. See movie list here.
- Classic Cinemas: Beginning June 11th, there will be a Wednesday Morning Movie Series. Each Wednesday morning at 10 am ticket prices are just $1, all movies are rated G and PG.
- Harkins Theater: There are 2 options, you can buy the season pass for 10 movies in 10 weeks (less than $1 per movie) or buy tickets on the day of the showing for $2/ticket. Show times are at 9:45 am.
- Marcus Theaters: From June 15th – August 13th on Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday mornings at 10 am you can view your favorite family flicks for just $2! Plus, get $2.50 Popcorns and $2.50 Fountain Drinks! And score 2 FREE tickets by visiting a participating American Family Insurance agent.
- Regal Cinemas $1 Movies – All summer long you can see movies for just $1 a ticket for select PG movies! Show times are Tuesdays & Wednesdays at 10 am. See locations and films. Plus, a portion of the proceeds goes to the Will Rogers Institute.
- Showcase Cinemas Bookworm Wednesdays (select locations): Each Wednesday, kids can bring in a book report (unless you are six and under and then admission will be free) that covers the cost of admission. The 2014 movie list hasn’t been published yet, so keep an eye out for it.
- Studio Movie Grill: Summer Children’s Series is every weekday (Mon – Fri) at 11 am. See great family friendly films for $2 a ticket. Each movie runs for a full week. See summer line up of movies here.