Way to go, only one week left! If you didn’t make it through week two, that’s okay, just bookmark or pin this post so you know what exercises to do for week three! I hope you are getting a stronger core and a flatter stomach!
As I mentioned before, we are taking a three pronged approached to the ab challenge, diet, strength, and cardio. In order to tone up the abs and get a strong core you’ll need a balanced attack. Please consult your physician before beginning any exercise program.
Fit Tip: Keep a food diary so you can track what you are eating. This isn’t to be legalistic it is to help you make good choices!
This is the basic program. Feel free to modify it to fit your goals/ fitness level.
- Day 1: 10 minutes cardio, 20 minutes focused strength training
- Day 2: 35 minutes cardio
- Day 3: 35 minutes focused strength training
- Day 4: 35 minutes cardio
- DAy 5: 10 minutes cardio, 20 minutes focused strength training
- Day 6: 35 minutes cardio
- Day 7: Rest
- Drink water and cut out the sugary high calorie beverages.
- Reduce your calorie intake by about 500 calories a day. Losing fat is a big part of toning abs, so reduce calories if necessary.
- Eat lean, naturally low fat foods. Your body needs fat, but that doesn’t mean it’s time to make the donuts. Focus on eating fruits, vegetables, lean meats (like chicken and fish), and whole grains.
- Avoid processed high fat foods that are high in calories, sugar, and fat.
If you are not sure how to do a certain exercise I’ve found youtube.com to be a great search engine for exercise technique. Remember if you can only make it through these exercises one time or can’t do all the reps, that’s okay. Doing something is better than not doing anything at all!
Our Facebook teammate Heater created a cheat sheet for the ballet ab workout so you know how to do the exercises. You can find it here.
- Day 1: Ballet Ab Workout x2
- Day 3: Standing abdominal cardio core
- Day 5: Abs in a hurry x2
- Run/ Walk
- Bike/ Stationary Bike
- More cardio ideas
More Fit For Good
- Join the Fit for Good Facebook group for daily encouragement, tips, and accountability
- Read previous Fit for Good articles
- Submit a link to your blog article about getting fit, and it might be featured on The Happy Housewife. Link submission form.
Leave a Reply