I was honored that Lisa asked me to share 5 Ways I Stay Sane. The first question I asked myself when I read her post was, “Am I really sane?” After a few hours of debate, I decided that I am indeed sane, so I guess that qualifies me to continue with this post.
5 Ways I Stay Sane
- Read my bible everyday- Reading my bible helps me to put life into perspective. I am always encouraged by the scriptures and am challenged daily to finish well. I am reminded that my hope is not in things of this world but in things to come. Remembering those things throughout my day helps me to stay calm even in the midst of chaos.
- Play the piano- What many of you don’t know about me is that I took piano lessons for the majority of my school years. After an exceptionally stressful day I like to sit down and play the piano. I would love to tell you that I play hymns and praise songs but I don’t. I play fast and loud. It is a great stress reliever!
- Go outside- I love to sit outside on my porch or take walks with the kids. I love seeing the bugs and the butterflies, the trees, and the sky. I love the distinct smell of the different seasons. When I return to my house, it is like starting fresh.
- Sew- I love to sew. When I sew I am in my own little world. I am not a very good mom when I am sewing because I usually burn dinner or forget about the laundry, but I sure am happy. Sewing is a great escape for me and I don’t even have to leave the house.
- Reading- Reading is the ultimate escape for me. I normally read nonfiction, but do read fiction occasionally too. When I start a good book I have been known to stay up until I have read the last page. I read almost every night before I go to bed and strive to read at least one book a week. Thank goodness for the library!
For more Talk about Tuesday visit Lara the Lazy Organizer.