Abuelita Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
Hot cocoa and cupcakes! What a perfect combination of spicy, sweet, and yum!
Servings: 24 mini cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 4 packets Abuelita hot cocoa mix about 7/8 cup
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee
For the Frosting
- 1/3 cup cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 packets Abuelita hot cocoa mix
Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray (recipe makes 24 mini cupcakes).
Mix all cake ingredients together in a medium bowl.
Spoon the batter into the baking pan.
Bake for 9 minutes.
Allow the cupcakes to cool completely on a cooling rack.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the frosting ingredients. Mix on medium high speed until whipped, and then frost the cupcakes.