How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World is a newer book for our family. After reading it I’m sad my older kids didn’t get to experience it!
This is the story of the making of an apple pie. It is very easy, unless of course the market is closed and you have to travel the world to find the best ingredients. This is a great book to tie into geography so make sure you have a globe or google maps when you are reading this fun book with your kids.
Get out your rolling pin because you simply must make an apple pie with this book.
Activities for How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World
Make an apple pie.
If you are like me you are probably thinking… apple pie, no thanks! I don’t need to spend hours rolling out pie crust in the middle of a school day.
I understand, I’m mess- challenged too. So here’s an apple pie recipe that only requires five ingredients including the pre-made crust. If you are feeling adventurous there’s a link to a great crust recipe in the ingredients, but only if you really want too! Your kids will be thrilled with a store bought crust too!
- 6 cups chunky chopped & peeled apples
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Double pie crust
- Mix together all the ingredients.
- Fill pie crust with ingredient mixture.
- Cover with top crust.
- Poke holes in the crust with a fork.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Cover crust with foil if it starts to get too brown before it is finished cooking.
- Apple craft
- Apple themed worksheets
- Apple word hunt
- Hand’s on apple activities for preschoolers
- Visit an orchard
- Apple chips
Places visited in How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World:
- Sri Lanka
This looks like a great book! Thanks for sharing! 🙂