Overnight Smoked Sausage & Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 30 ounces shredded frozen hash brown potatoes
- 14 - 16 ounces smoked sausage, sliced
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- crushed red pepper
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, milk, ricotta, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Mix until no lumps of ricotta remain.
- Mix in all of the remaining ingredients. Stir until potatoes are thoroughly coated.
- Pour into greased pan. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove from refrigerator and leave aluminum foil on top. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake with foil on for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove foil. Return to oven for 5-10 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes uncovered before slicing.
Recipe by The Happy Housewife™ :: Cooking at https://thehappyhousewife.com/cooking/overnight-breakfast-casserole/