Inspired by my Pioneer Woman cookbook and the folks at Lucky Leaf, I decided to bake an apple pie with a twist.
The twist…. you can eat it with your hands. Well, I guess you could always eat apple pie with your hands, but it would be extremely messy. With this recipe you can grab a slice of apple pie and still have a free hand to look over all the Black Friday ads this Thanksgiving.
So forget the forks and try this super easy apple pie recipe this Thanksgiving.
Easy Apple Pie
- 1 can Lucky Leaf apple pie filling
- Crust for one pie
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Make the pie crust, then roll it out into two circles.
- Transfer the crusts to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. (You don't have to use parchment paper, but it makes clean-up easier)
- Fill the circle with apple pie filling. Then, fold the circle into itself.
- Around the edge place bits of butter then sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. If you are using pie filling you don't need a whole lot because the filling is already sweet.
- Slice like you would a pizza and serve.
Your pie should look like this before you put it in the oven.
All my kids, even the ones who do not normally like apple pie LOVED this version.
The folks at Musselman’s provided me with the pie filling to help make this delicious twist on apple pie.
Homeschool on the Croft says
I have to say …. that looks delicious (or, as you Americans would say, ‘awesome’!)
I’m in Scotland, so I’ll stick with delicious. I love anything with cinnamon in it, and I love the look of this.
I’ve never used canned apples, mind you – I’d probably stick with cooking my own, but you’ve inspired me to go for a ‘different’ kind of apple pie…. Thanks for posting
I have always used my own apples for apple pie as well. But I was so impressed by the folks at Musselman’s during my tour at the plant I decided to give their pie filling a try. It is very good, much to my surprise. 🙂
Looks yummy!! I will have to try this!
Nice, it almost lokks like a pirogue. I think this is tastier though 🙂
Brian | HCG Diet 411 says
Those look like a tasty treat… I really like the blog design that you have used here. Keep up the great work.
Brian M Connole
HCG Diet 411 Blog
I like this idea. All the deliciousness of apple pie without a lot of mess or fuss.
I am new here, what is the recipe for the pie crust? I need to make it gluten free but I can sub my flour for whatever you use…not sure how to find the recipe 🙂
What temp did you cook it at??