Mickey’s Toontown Fair is located at the very back of the Magic Kingdom. Attractions in Toontown include The Barnstormer, Pixie Hollow, Donald’s Boat, Toontown Hall of Fame, Mickey’s Country House, and Minnie’s Country House. The Barnstormer is a kid sized roller coaster and Donald’s Boat is a great way to cool off during those hot summer days at the park. Toontown is also the best place for your little girls to meet their favorite princess, and visit Mickey and Minnie. The problem is that almost every other little girl wants to visit the princesses too and the wait times can be over an hour. Fortunately, the “tent” is air conditioned, but I am not a big fan of waiting, so here are a few tips to help you meet your favorite princess or fairy.
- Toontown Fair usually opens later than the Magic Kingdom. They rope off the entrance to that area, but they usually “open” Toontown about 10 minutes before its scheduled opening time. If you are there early and head straight to the Toontown Hall of Fame your wait time will be significantly reduced. For example one day we got to the Hall of Fame at 10:10 am, only 10 minutes after the scheduled opening and there was already over an hour wait to see the Fairies. People that were waiting at the rope at 9:50 am when they opened early waited only a few minutes. Warning: Although I have not seen this, I have heard that people literally take off running once they drop the rope. Please act like an adult and do not trample small children on your way to visit the princesses.
- Visit the characters during the parades or the fireworks. I realize this means missing the parade or fireworks, but the back of the park really empties out around fireworks time because people want the best view, which is towards the front of the park.
- If you plan to hunker down and wait it out, this is a great time to give your kids a little snack. The floor is carpeted so the kids can easily sit and enjoy a bag of goldfish to help pass the time while they are waiting.
- You don’t have to visit the Hall of Fame to see the princesses. Belle can be found sitting on the Tomorrowland side of Cinderella’s castle, Cinderella’s stepsisters hang out across from the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party. Alice greets outside of the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party. And you can meet Ariel at her Grotto in Fantasyland.
- A Magic Kingdom map pinpoints all character meet and greet spots, but keep your eyes open, you never know when you might run into your favorite character.