Add some fun to your everyday homeschool days with May holidays and fun days!
Did you know the month of May was named for the Roman goddess of spring and growth? No wonder my mom always told me, “April showers bring May flowers.”
May Holidays and Fun Days
May 4 – Star Wars Day
“May the 4th be with you.” I really thought this was just my son’s imaginative way to watch every episode of Star Wars, but come to find out, it’s really a fun day.
- Try these Top 10 Ways to Celebrate May the 4th
- We loved this Star Wars Preschool Pack from Homeschool Creations.
May 5 – Cinco de Mayo
May 6 – Nurses Day
Take some home-baked cookies to your doctor’s office! Try these:
May 7 – National Space Day
Here are some great resources:
- Free Printable Solar System Worksheets
- Solar System Learning Tools
- Solar System Preschool Pack
- Interactive sky map from Sky-Map.org
- Searching for Micrometeorites
- Star Trails Hands-On Activity
May 8 – Mother’s Day
These crafts and recipes can help make Mother’s Day special
- DIY Cake Stand
- No-Sew Felt Flower Pillow
- Flower Pens in a Watering Can
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake (gluten free)
- Abuelita Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
May 14 – Anniversary of Lewis & Clark’s Expedition
- Read Munford Meets Lewis and Clark by Jamie Aramini
May 17 – Armed Forces Day
- Create lots of different art projects to celebrate Armed Forces Day like 3D Military Stars and more!
May 20 – Flower Day
- Turn white daises into rainbows like the way HodgePodge Mom dyed flowers
- Dissect a flower with help from this Youtube video, Lab Report by The Homeschool Scientist.
May 30 – Memorial Day
- Raise your flags and pray for the families who have lost loved ones during their time in the service.
- Learn some Military Acronyms
- Make a Flag Photo Collage Frame