November is known for Thanksgiving, which is a great opportunity to count our blessings, give thanks, and enjoy good food and company. But November has other holidays and fun days for you to enjoy too.
November Holidays and Fun Days
November 1 – National Weather Service Established
Try these weather related experiments:
- How Clouds Make Rain Experiment
- Learning About the Water Cycle Experiment
- Cloud Experiment to Predict the Weather
November 2 – Book Lovers Day
- Go to the library and borrow books.
- Buy a book. Here are 15 Ways to Save on Books
- Read aloud to your children.
- Donate books to a hospital, library, etc.
- Have your children write a letter to their favorite author.
November 5 – National Doughnut Day
Make homemade doughnuts. Here are a few recipes to try:
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Baked Buttermilk Donuts with Maple Glaze
- Homemade Donuts
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Doughnuts
November 11 – Veteran’s Day
November 16 – Button Day
Try making one of these button projects:
November 17 – Homemade Bread Day
There’s nothing like homemade bread. Plan time in your day to try one of these recipes with the kids.
- Sweet Whole Wheat Bread
- Maple Oat Bread with Cinnamon Swirl
- Homemade English Muffins
- Homemade Bagels
- Whole Wheat French Bread Rolls
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Maple Pecan Bread
- Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread
November 19 – Gettysburg Address Delivered
- Check out these Battle of Gettysburg resources.
November 27 – Thanksgiving
We are thankful for you! Here are some activities and general Thanksgiving tips you might enjoy.
- Thanksgiving Book List
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Worksheets
- How to Save Money on Thanksgiving Dinner
- How to Have a Thanksgiving Potluck
- 14 Ways to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
November 30 – Mark Twain’s Birthday
- Read Classic Starts The Adventures of Tom Sawyer with your children.