Looking to add a little fun to your schedule? Here is a list of just a few April holidays and fun days to celebrate.
April Holidays and Fun Days
April 2 – Children’s Book Day
- Make a trip to the library and stock up on some books.
- Spend more time reading today!
- 31 Days of Read Alouds – Book ideas with activities, crafts, recipes, and printables.
April 10 – Golfer’s Day
If you do not have avid golf fans in your home, try these ideas:
- Play a game of mini putt putt around the living room.
- Look at pictures of Scottish golf courses (much different than American manicured courses).
- Discover which King outlawed golf in the sixteen hundreds.
April 13 – Scrabble Day
If you like the traditional game, Scrabble Slam cards, or another version, play Scrabble in place of language arts today.
April 15 – Tax Day, Titanic Remembered
- Are you teaching your children about work and being good stewards of their money? If you have older children consider Economics for Everybody, a dvd curriculum taught by R.C. Sproul Jr.
- Did you know the Titanic was struck before midnight on April 14th, but did not sink until 2:00 am on the 15th? Teach your students about icebergs with this iceberg experiment.
- Try this sink or float experiment.
April 22 – Earth Day
April 25 – Zucchini Bread Day
April 26 – Arbor Day
- Trees through the Seasons Art Project
- Trees Scavenger Hunt
- Tremendous Trees by Amanda Bennett is a great week-long unit study for children ages 1st – 4th grade.
- Autism Awareness Month
- Keep America Beautiful Month
- National Garden Month
- National Poetry Month
Plan ahead to add a little fun to your April school days!