The following is a post from contributing writer Lana (like banana).
I love making items personalized. I love it even more when I can create something or change a look of something for under a couple of dollars.
- A plastic salad bowl (I found the one pictured at a local Dollar Tree.)
- Vinyl Letters (Target – $2.99 for a pack of 245 pieces)
- Clean the bowl to make sure any residue is gone.
- Find all the letters to make your name.
- Peel and stick the letters to the bowl. (Don’t worry if the letters are crooked, it gives it character.)
- Take your bowl to a party filled with a yummy dessert, Crowd-Loving salad, a fantastic easy dip or just plain old chips.
The letters I used are waterproof and can be repositioned. I personally would remove them before putting in a dishwasher or letting someone scrub them with a scouring pad. These bowls from the Dollar Store can be stacked to make a total new look.
- Would make a wonderful hostess gift, especially already filled with dinner.
- Other names would pop on the bowl as well, i.e. “Popcorn”, “MY Chips”, “Dessert”, or “Grab Your Own Bowl.”
- Make a wedding present by filling it up with salad tongs, oil and vinegar dispenser, plus a yummy recipe to serve the perfect salad.