The following post is from contributing writer Kristia.
One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is all of the leftovers at the end of the day. The Thanksgiving feast becomes the gift that keeps on giving. This dish calls for two cups of chopped, cooked turkey and is a hearty and delicious recipe to use with your leftovers.
- 1 pound linguine, uncooked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups turkey stock
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked turkey
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup of your favorite shredded cheese, such as cheddar or Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook pasta according to package, drain.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat . Add the onions, celery, and garlic and saute until softened.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the half and half and turkey stock. Stir continuously and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the turkey and peas.
- Combine with the cooked pasta and spread into a 9 X 13 baking dish that has been prepared with non-stick spray or butter.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25 - 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.