The following is a post from contributing writer SnoWhite.
If you are having a summer barbecue, this is a wonderful dessert. We make it using our triple berry cheesecake ice cream, but feel free to use your favorite variety. A fruit-based ice cream makes for a perfect compliment with the sweet graham cracker crust. Think cherry, strawberry, blueberry or raspberry! You can even use frozen yogurt.
- 1 quart triple berry cheesecake ice cream
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 4-5 tablespoons butter, melted
- Begin by preparing the berry cheesecake ice cream according to directions.
- Combine the crushed graham crackers with melted butter and mix.
- Press 3/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of an 8x8 inch glass baking dish.
- Chill for 10 minutes in the freezer.
- Top with slightly softened triple berry cheesecake ice cream.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs over the top of the ice cream layer.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours before slicing to serve.
Garnish with fresh berries to serve, if desired.