Sweet potato and carrots are added to this turkey chili for a great variation on a classic meal. Chili is a delicious dinner that fills you, warms you, and sticks with you on a cold evening.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled it to meet your family’s needs.
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ cup cooked pinto beans
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 sweet potato, cooked
- 2 cilantro sprigs to garnish
- Combine the onion, garlic, and all seasonings. Sauté mix in a large sauce pan.
- Add in the turkey. When it starts browning, add in the pinto beans.
- Turn heat down and add in the carrots and tomatoes. Let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Cut one half of the sweet potato into cubes and cut the other half into spirals. Place on top of chili along with cilantro sprigs to garnish.